High-precision scanning to produce stone accurate drawings of national monument.
Ballintubber Abbey is a royal abbey two kilometres northeast of the village of Ballintubber, County Mayo, founded by King Cathal Crobdearg Ua Conchobair in 1216.
Apex Surveys were commissioned to carry out a laser scanning survey to deliver stone accurate elevations and floor plans of the Abbey.
- Laser scanning carried out using high precision laser scanning technology.
- Scanned at high resolution to ensure high level of detail achieved.
- Photorealistic scan data captured.
- Each stone individually represented by lines on the drawing.
- Detailed cross sections and sectional elevations generated.
- High accuracy floor plans of the Abbey to include architectural detail.
- Stone accurate elevations of ruined walls to rear of building.
- Point cloud
- Floor plans