Laser scanning to produce detailed REVIT model of existing multi-story carpark at Dublin Airport T2 terminal.
The short term multi-storey carpark at Dublin Airport T2 was expanded to add a further 1,400 spaces with four new floors added to the existing structure, which was originally designed to allow for future expansion.
Apex Surveys were commissioned to deliver an as-built BIM model of the existing carpark along with associated survey services.
- 3D Laser scanning carried out of the carpark facades, top deck of the carpark, column locations on floors below and all internal areas such as lift lobby and stairwells.
- Point cloud data modelled using specialised and custom developed software.
- BIM model created and delivered in REVIT.
- Topoosurface created on the top deck to model contour of the deck.
- High accuracy survey of column and bolt locations included in the model.
- Structural detail such as floor slabs, walls, columns and beams included in the model.
- Architectural detail such as windows, doors and fixtures and fittings included in the model.
- MEP services included in the model.
- Custom features created for existing cladding.
- Working and liaising with designers and construction teams in a working BIM environment.