Laser scanning of busy national motorway to produce topographic survey and specific 3D outputs.
Apex Survey were commissioned to carry out a high accuracy laser scan survey of 10km along the M7 Motorway at Portlaoise.
- High precision control network input for the works.
- Laser Scanner used to survey the road surface.
- Combination of GNSS, total station and laser scanner utilised to survey off-carriageway.
- Survey detail included the verge, hard shoulder, live carriageway and median.
- Street furniture such as road signs, lampposts and service poles surveyed.
- Services such as inspections covers and manholes surveyed.
- Detailed health and safety procedures implemented to ensure safety of surveyors and the public.
- Traffic MGMT as per Chapter 8.
- 3D AutoCAD drawings
- Survey report