Survey of embankments, floodplains, bed levels and water levels of large river in the north west.
The River Finn is a large watercourse which flows through counties Donegal and Tyrone.
It is proposed to provide a new link road connection to the A5 Western Transport Corridor in Northern Ireland over the River Finn, and its floodplains, to a roundabout on the north of the river immediately to the south west of Lifford.
Apex Surveys were commissioned to carry out a hydrographic survey at the proposed river crossing to be used in the design process.
- Bed levels surveyed using survey vessel equipped with specialised sonar technology.
- Embankments surveyed using high precision total station and GPS
- Strict health and safety procedures implemented to ensure safety of staff.
- Particular attention to detail required at location of proposed bridge.
- Elevations of existing upstream bridge surveyed.
- Cross sections and long sections generated at 30m intervals.
- 3D model supplied in AutoCAD format
- Cross sections
- Long sections
- Technical Report