High detailed topographic survey carried out at key location along busy national road.
The N17 is a national primary road in Ireland, and is part of the Atlantic Corridor route. It begins in County Galway and ends in County Sligo and is currently one of Irelands busiest single carriageway roads.
Apex Surveys were commissioned by Galway County Council to survey a 5km section of the road through the town of Tuam.
- Survey carried out on a primary national road which is one of the busiest in Ireland.
- Survey included the carriageway, carriageway boundaries, hard shoulder, drains and stream crossings on rural sections of the road and kerblines, building lines and traffic islands at urban sections.
- Structures surveyed included bridges and culverts.
- Street furniture such as road signs, lampposts and service poles surveyed
- Services such as inspections covers, manholes and water valves surveyed.
- Works carried out on busy road requiring detailed health and safety procedures to ensure safety of surveyors and the public.
- Comprehensive traffic management plans implemented as per Chapter 8 of Traffic Signs Manual.
- 2D and 3D AutoCAD drawings
- Technical Reports
- DTM models