Subsurface utilities mapped at large rail yard in Dublin's docklands.
East Wall yard, established by the Great Northern Railway in the 1870s, is nowadays a ballast loading point and civil engineer’s sidings.
Apex Surveys were commissioned to undertake an underground utility survey and topographic survey of the yard to be used as a basis for future development of the site.
- Topographic Survey carried out using high-precision GNSS and Total Station technology.
- Cutting edge technology such as Ground Penetration Radar (GPR), Electromagnetic, Radiodetection used to locate the underground services.
- Manhole inspections to include detailed diagrams and photographs.
- Our PTS trained surveyors carried out the works with Irish Rail flagman in attendance at all times.
- Liaising with Irish Rail and utility providers.
- Safe plan of work implemented to ensure minimal disruption to Irish Rail activities.
- Works carried out off peak to ensure minimum disruption to pedestrians and road users.
- 2D AutoCAD drawings
- 3D AutoCAD drawings
- Technical Report