Subsurface utility mapping carried out at busy urban road in South Dublin.
The purpose of the Braemor Road Enhancement Scheme is to improve pedestrian and cycle facilities, reduce carriageway width to reduce traffic speeds and to repair and renew the structure of the road and upgrade utilities.
Apex Surveys were commissioned to undertake an underground utility survey of the existing road and pedestrian areas to produce 3D drawings to assist in the design process.
- Ground Penetrating Radar, radiodetection and EM techniques used to map underground services.
- Location of above ground features such as manholes surveyed using high precision GPS and Total Station equipment.
- Route consisted of 2Km (50,000 Sq.M) of carriageway through a busy suburban area of Dublin.
- Mobilisation required to site within 1 week of instruction.
- Utilities mapped in 3D and supplied in ITM and ING coordinate systems.
- Busy road with Traffic flow of 12,800 vehicles over 24-hour period.
- Works carried out at night.
- Traffic Management implemented as per Chapter 8.
- AutoCAD 2D and 3D.
- Technical report in PDF format.